IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO PLAN YOUR APPOINTMENT A WEEK APART FROM ANY IMPORTANT SOCIAL COMMITMENT OR SPORT COMPETITION
Watch this video to find out more about your first appointment
Cosmetic Tattoo Aftercare
Cosmetic Tattoo Aftercare is fundamental to achieve optimal results, therefore, you need to strictly follow your technician’s After Care instructions for a flawless healing.
To learn how to look after your Makeup Tattoo, please read carefully and follow the After Care instructions below or download the file to keep them handy at all times.
How to look after your Cosmetic Tattoo
Immediately after a cosmetic tattooing procedure the area treated will look about 50% darker than the final results. This is temporary, the colour will lighten and soften over 3 to 14 days. It is normal for the area to feel slightly tender or dry. Here are some instructions and tips to follow to look after your cosmetic tattoo.
Home care intructions
Do's and Dont's
Long Term Care
How long does it take?
Allow up to 3 hours on your first session,
up to 1.5 hours on your Touch Up (second) session and
up to 2 hours for your Colour Maintenance
Does it hurt?
Anyhow, a strong topical numbing cream is used on the treated area before and douring the procedure to give as much relief as possibile.
How long does it last?
A Make-up Tattoo can last a shorter or longer period depending on your skin type, skin colour, and the colour of the pigment used, lifestyle, and how aggressive your immune system is in metabolising the pigment. Sun exposure, sweating, Retin-A skin creams and lotions, exfoliating treatments, and many other factors may speed up the natural fading process of your Cosmetic Tattoo.
Can you touch up other artists job?
No. If you have had a Cosmetic Tattoo done somewhere else, we recommend not to go over it until it has faded considerably. Once your skin is ready to be re-tattooed, full prices apply.
Please give us a call or send a photo trough to help us determine if your tattoo is ready to be covered.
- Oily skins have less pigment retention than others. You can still have these services done, but need to be aware your Cosmetic Tattoo can fade quicker. For eyebrows you may want to consider the Ombrè technique instead of the Feathering.
- If you take fish oil or blood thinner, you may bleed more then required, which it can lead to poor retention. More sessions may be required to achieve desired look.
- Some treatments like thyroid medications may alter the pigment used and cause colour changing, and premature fading.
- Lips tattoo may require a third session for a bolder look.
- Cosmetic Tattoo is NOT advisable on Keloid scars.
- If you have skin disease or irritations, are pregnant or breast feeding, if undergoing or have recently undergone chemo, if using Accutane or using products with Ratin-A, have heart conditions or using heart medications, have diabetes, these treatments may not be for you. Click here to FIND OUT MORE.
Cosmetic tattoo is low maintenance, but you still have to maintain it!
“Colour Maintenance” may be required anywhere from 6 months up to 18 months after the last treatment. At the very least I suggest that my clients have a refresh treatment every year to keep their makeup tattoo looking at its best. Some clients are happy to let their Cosmetic Tattoo fade considerably between Colour Maintenance treatments, others like to keep them looking very bold and fresh all the time. For this reason no guarantees are offered or implied in regards to how long your cosmetic tattoo will last before you feel you need to have a touch up.